Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: https://repositorio.unifesp.br/handle/11600/50035
Title: Análise De Desfecho Clínico Em Pacientes Com Hemorragia Subaracnóide De Alto Grau
Authors: Silva, Gisele Sampaio [UNIFESP]
Manoel, Airton Leonardo De Oliveira [UNIFESP]
Universidade Federal de São Paulo (UNIFESP)
Keywords: Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
Prognosis
Mortality
Systematic Review
Acidente Vascular Cerebral
Hemorragia Subaracnóide
Prognóstico
Mortalidade
Revisão Sistemática
Issue Date: 9-Nov-2017
Publisher: Universidade Federal de São Paulo (UNIFESP)
Abstract: Background and Purpose – Poor-grade subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH) [World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies (WFNS) grade 4 and 5] is associated with high mortality rates and unfavorable functional outcomes. Our aim was to report a single centre cohort of poor-grade SAH patients, combined with a systematic review of studies reporting functional outcome in the poor-grade SAH population. Methods: Data on a cohort of poor-grade SAH patients treated between 2009−2013 was retrospectively collected and combined with a systematic review (from inception to November 2015; PubMed, EMBASE). Two reviewers assessed the studies independently based on predefined inclusion criteria: consecutive poor-grade SAH; functional outcome measured at least 3 months after hemorrhage; and the report of patients who died before aneurysm treatment. Results: A total of 179 patients poor-grade SAH were admitted during the study period. Thirty-three patients (33/179 - 18%) died before, and 25 (25/179 - 14%) after aneurysm treatment, resulting in a total of 58 deaths (58/179 - 32%). One hundred and twenty one patients (121/179 - 68%) were alive at hospital discharge. Sixteen patients (16/179 - 9%) were lost during follow-up. In total, 80 patients (80/179 - 45%) had a favorable functional outcome (mRS ≤ 2). The search yielded 329 publications, 23 met our inclusion criteria with 2,713 subjects enrolled from 1977 to 2014 in 10 countries (including 179 poor-grade patients from our cohort). Mortality rate was 60% (1,683 patients), of which 806 (29%) died before and 877 (31%) died after aneurysm treatment, respectively. Treatment was undertaken in 1,775 patients (1,775/2,826 − 63%): 1,347 by surgical clipping (1,347/1,775 − 76%) and 428 (428/1775 − 24%) by endovascular methods. Outcome was favorable in 794 patients (28%) and unfavorable in 1,867 (66%). When the studies were grouped into decades, favorable outcome increased from 13% in the late 70’s to early 80’s, to 35% in the late 80’s to early 90’s, and remained unchanged thereafter. Conclusion: Although mortality remains high in poor-grade SAH patients, a favorable functional outcome can be achieved in approximately one third of patients. The development of new diagnostic methods and implementation of therapeutic approaches were probably responsible for the decrease in mortality and improvement in the functional outcome from 1970’ to 1990’s. The plateau in functional outcome seen thereafter might be explained by the treatment of sicker and older patients, and by the lack of new therapeutic interventions specific for subarachnoid hemorrhage.
Objetivos: A hemorragia subaracnóide (HSA) de alto grau [World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies (WFNS) graus 4 e 5] está associada a altas taxas de mortalidade e desfecho funcionais desfavoráveis. O objetivo deste estudo foi descrever uma coorte de pacientes com HSA de alto grau e realizar uma revisão sistemática de estudos que descreveram desfecho funcional nessa população. Métodos: Coorte retrospectiva de pacientes com HSA de alto grau tratados entre 2009−2013 em centro único em Toronto/Canadá, combinada com uma revisão sistemática da literatura (desde o início até novembro de 2015, PubMed, EMBASE). Dois revisores avaliaram os estudos de forma independente com base em critérios de inclusão pré-definidos: pacientes com HSA de alto grau admitidos consecutivamente; desfecho funcional avaliado pelo menos 3 meses após a hemorragia; e a descrição e inclusão de pacientes que morreram antes do tratamento do aneurisma. Resultados: Um total de 179 pacientes com HSA de alto grau foram admitidos durante o período do estudo. Trinta e três pacientes (33/179 − 18%) morreram antes e 25 (25/179 − 14%) após tratamento do aneurisma, resultando em um total de 58 mortes (58/179 − 32%). Cento e vinte e um pacientes (121/179 − 68%) estavam vivos no momento da alta hospitalar. Dezesseis pacientes (16/179 − 9%) foram perdidos durante o seguimento. No total, 80 pacientes (80/179 − 45%) tiveram um resultado funcional favorável (mRS ≤ 2). A pesquisa bibliográfica obteve 329 publicações, 23 atendendo aos critérios de inclusão, com 2.713 indivíduos incluídos entre 1977 e 2014, em 10 países (incluindo 179 pacientes da nossa coorte). A mortalidade foi de 60% (1.683 pacientes), dos quais 806 (29%) morreram antes, e 877 (31%) morreram após tratamento do aneurisma, respectivamente. O tratamento foi realizado em 1.775 pacientes (1.775/2.826 − 63%): 1.347 tratados com por clipping cirúrgico (1.347/1.775 − 76%) e 428 (428/1775 − 24%) por métodos endovasculares. O desfecho foi favorável em 794 pacientes (28%) e desfavorável em 1.867 (66%). Quando os estudos foram agrupados em décadas, o desfecho favorável aumentou de 13% no final dos anos 70 para início dos anos 80, para 35% no final dos anos 80 e início dos anos 90, e manteve-se inalterado a partir de então. Conclusão: Embora a mortalidade permaneça alta em pacientes com HSA de alto grau, desfecho funcional favorável pode ser alcançado em aproximadamente um terço dos pacientes. O desenvolvimento de novos métodos diagnósticos e a implementação de abordagens terapêuticas foram provavelmente responsáveis pela diminuição da mortalidade e melhora nos resultados funcionais entre 1970 e 1990. O platô observado no desfecho funcional posteriormente pode ser explicado pelo tratamento de pacientes mais garves e mais idosos, e pela ausência de novas intervenções terapêuticas específicas para hemorragia subaracnóidea.
URI: http://repositorio.unifesp.br/handle/11600/50035
Other Identifiers: https://sucupira.capes.gov.br/sucupira/public/consultas/coleta/trabalhoConclusao/viewTrabalhoConclusao.jsf?popup=true&id_trabalho=5453924
Appears in Collections:Tese de doutorado

Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.


Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.