Abnormal extrapelvic course of the inferior gluteal artery

Abnormal extrapelvic course of the inferior gluteal artery

Autor Gabrielli, C. Google Scholar
Olave, E. Google Scholar
Sarmento, A. Google Scholar
Mizusaki, C. Google Scholar
Prates, J. C. Google Scholar
Instituição UNIV LA FRONTERA
Universidade Federal de São Paulo (UNIFESP)
Resumo At its extrapelvic course the inferior gluteal a. is found to be strictly related to the sciatic n. This relationship has been described in a general way, emphasizing its medial localization in respect to the nerve. Clinicosurgical reports describe cases of aneurysms of the inferior gluteal a. on its extrapelvic course and subsequent compression at the nerve. in order to get further details on the relationship between these two structures, 80 gluteal regions from 40 cadavers of adult Brazilian individuals, 29 males and 11 females, were dissected. the inferior gluteal a. was found medial to the sciatic n. in 62 cases (77.5%); in the 18 remaining (22.5%) the trunk of the artery or one of its branches perforated the nerve. of these, 14 (77.8%) were males and 4 (22.2%) females. This disposition was found 8 times (44.4%) on the right and 10 (55.6%) on the left side; was unilateral in 4 individuals (1 on the right and 3 on the left side) and bilateral in 7. the course of the inferior gluteal a. through the sciatic n. and/or the presence of aneurysms of this artery should be considered as a possible cause of nerve compression.
Palavra-chave gluteal region
inferior gluteal artery
sciatic nerve
Idioma Inglês
Data de publicação 1997-06-01
Publicado em Surgical and Radiologic Anatomy. New York: Springer Verlag, v. 19, n. 3, p. 139-142, 1997.
ISSN 0930-1038 (Sherpa/Romeo, fator de impacto)
Publicador Springer
Extensão 139-142
Fonte http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/BF01627962
Direito de acesso Acesso restrito
Tipo Artigo
Web of Science WOS:A1997XV06800003
Endereço permanente http://repositorio.unifesp.br/handle/11600/25733

Exibir registro completo




Arquivo

Arquivo Tamanho Formato Visualização

Não existem arquivos associados a este item.

Este item está nas seguintes coleções

Buscar


Navegar

Minha conta