Conhecimento e atitude da população do Hospital São Paulo sobre doação de córneas

Conhecimento e atitude da população do Hospital São Paulo sobre doação de córneas

Alternative title Knowledge and attitude of the general population regarding corneal transplantation
Author Rodrigues, Adriana Maria Autor UNIFESP Google Scholar
Sato, Elcio Hideo Autor UNIFESP Google Scholar
Institution Universidade Federal de São Paulo (UNIFESP)
Abstract Purpose: To analyze the knowledge and attitude of the general population in order to identify the main deficiencies and to suggest measures to increase the number of cornea donations by the general population. Methods: Study through questionnaire polls answered by 321 people at the São Paulo Hospital. Results: Among the general population, 79.4% said to be cornea donors. The reason for the other 20.6% not to be donors was fear of trade of organ and not to receive proper treatment by the medical staff for being a potential donor. There was a statistically significant difference of knowledge about transplantation between those who said to be donors and those who did not. Conclusion: The authors concluded that better information on corneal transplantation for the general population would be of great help in increasing the number of cornea donations.

Objetivo: O presente estudo teve por objetivo analisar o conhecimento e atitude da população em geral sobre transplante de córneas e, desta forma, tentar identificar as principais deficiências e barreiras para o aumento do número de doações. Métodos: Foi aplicado questionário a 321 pessoas que transitavam pelo Hospital São Paulo, centro de referência da cidade de São Paulo. Resultados: Do total de pessoas questionadas, 79,4% diziam-se doadoras de córneas e 20,6%, não. O principal motivo encontrado da não-doação foi o medo referente à venda de órgão e incerteza de receber o tratamento adequado à medida que se considera um doador em potencial. Foi encontrada uma diferença estatisticamente significante entre o conhecimento sobre transplante de córnea e o fato de dizer-se doador. Conclusão: Concluímos que melhoria na informação da população em geral é fator decisivo para aumentar a demanda de doadores.
Keywords Corneal transplantation
Eye banks
Tissue donors
Organ procurement
Physician's role
Informed consent
Health education
Knowledge, attitudes, practice
Questionnaires
Transplante de córnea
Banco de olhos
Doadores de tecidos
Obtenção de órgãos
Papel do médico
Consentimento esclarecido
Educação em saúde
Conhecimento, atitudes e prática
Questionários
Language Portuguese
Date 2002-12-01
Published in Arquivos Brasileiros de Oftalmologia. Conselho Brasileiro de Oftalmologia, v. 65, n. 6, p. 637-640, 2002.
ISSN 0004-2749 (Sherpa/Romeo)
Publisher Conselho Brasileiro de Oftalmologia
Extent 637-640
Origin http://dx.doi.org/10.1590/S0004-27492002000600007
Access rights Open access Open Access
Type Article
SciELO ID S0004-27492002000600007 (statistics in SciELO)
URI http://repositorio.unifesp.br/handle/11600/1573

Show full item record




File

Name: S0004-27492002000600007.pdf
Size: 192.7Kb
Format: PDF
Description:
Open file

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Search


Browse

Statistics

My Account